There are a range of ways that you can search for job vacancies. Here are some ideas to help you get started;
- Contact Medway Youth Trust to speak to an Adviser or drop in to one of our centres. We can discuss work or training opportunities you and also match your skills against our vacancies.
- The internet – there are thousands of websites which carry job vacancies. Start with www.jobs4me.org.uk
- Employment agencies – you can register with agencies which contact you if a suitable opportunity arises. Most agencies do require applicants to be 18 or older.
- Jobcentre Plus – nationwide network of offices which advertise vacancies and online via their website.
- Newspapers – free and paid for local newspapers are a very good source of local jobs.
- Shop windows – there can often be adverts in shop windows, on or near community boards in larger stores and at newsagents too.
- Use your contacts – talk to your friends, relatives and neighbours. Let them know you are job hunting and ask them to keep a look out for you. 70% of people find jobs through this method.
- Speculate – send a letter and your CV to employers to enquire if there are vacancies.