It is really important that you and your friends stay safe when you are out and about. Learning how to look after yourself and how to keep out of dangerous situations is a must. There are really simple ways for you to help keep yourself safe as the above video from the Suzy Lamplugh Trust above explains.
Staying safe top tips:
- Never go out alone at night, especially when its dark
- Don’t walk along the street talking on your mobile
- Be careful when listening to music
- Meet friends in well lit areas
- Don’t talk to strangers
- Don’t brag about new or expensive things.
- Watch when crossing the roads, accidents can happen at any time.
Anyone can be targeted, hurt or put in harmful situations, so don’t ever think it won’t happen to you.
For more information about staying safe, you can visit www.suzylamplugh.org.
If you want to talk through some issues, you can speak to an MYT Adviser by phoning us or dropping in to one of our centre's.