Within Medway Youth Trust we can offer you more opportunities to improve your skills and to get your voice and opinions heard through our Youth Forum. It meets on a monthly basis to discuss many subjects that are dear to the hearts of young people and MYT.
But what’s in it for me? I hear you ask. You will receive a certificate for every Forum and event you attend and once you have been working with us for over six months we will be willing to give you a reference for your voluntary work with us. It looks great on your CV!
But the Forum is more than just expressing your views – it is a gateway to other great opportunities to develop more skills:
- Be trained to interview candidates to work in MYT – you will help to recruit new staff and develop a great knowledge of interview skills as you do so.
- Help organise events run by young people from Medway like our Medway Charity Fete in the summer or our Young Persons Question Time that is attended by all five main political parties.
- Take part in trips overseas. Last year members of our Forum travelled to Istanbul for a youth conference and to Denmark to work in cooperation with young people from four different nations.
- Have the opportunity to become a Young Trustee of our Charity and help to run Medway Youth Trust from the very top.
- Get the chance to meet other organisations and learn about other opportunities to volunteer in the Medway community.
- It is also a great way to make new friends from different backgrounds.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.